Mediterranean Security

The final resting place for old RPs.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

Mediterranean Security

Post by Kingdom of Burgundy »

His Majesty Vlad Drăculești IX, Anointed by the Lord God, Protector of the Realm, Dragon of the East, King of Transylvania, Bohemia, Romania, and Greece invites Carthage to meet with the Transylvanian Minister of Foreign Affairs in Crete to discuss a treaty of Mediterranean cooperation.
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Mediterranean Security

Post by Kingdom of Ireland »

President Bodmelqart receives the notice and promptly sends Foreign Councilor, Yosef Gadot, to Crete to conduct the meeting on behalf of Carthage.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

Upon the Carthaginian councilor's arrival, he would be taken to the place of the meeting, a conference room in Crete Naval Base, overlooking the harbor.

The Transylvanian Foreign Minister Timotei Nicolescu greets him. "Councilor Gadot, I would like to welcome you to Crete, on behalf of the King."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

Minister Nicolescu, a pleasure.
Councilor Gadot takes a seat in the room, making himself comfortable.
Carthage is always happy to promote peace in the Mediterranean. What specifically would you like to discuss?
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"The pleasure is mine." The Minister takes his own seat with a smile. "My King would have us discuss a potential agreement in which Transylvania and Carthage cooperate on the matter of naval security around the Mediterranean. I think you know as well as I that such an agreement would be of more benefit to our navy than yours, and as such we would like to compensate you with naval basing rights here on Crete." He gestures out the window to the harbor below. "And on Cyprus as well."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

Naturally, the Republican Navy is up to such a task, and the Grand Admiral would be delighted to hear of an opportunity to gain additional bases. However, what specifically does the King have in mind with 'Mediterranean Naval Security'?
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"A mutual defense treaty of sorts, ensuring that in return for basing rights, our navies will come to each other's aid in defending the Mediterranean from outside threats and invaders. Of course, being in the corner of the sea and having the Republican Navy between any potential attacker and us is a great boon for Transylvania and ensuring that our maritime interests are secure. That said, of course the Royal Navy would come to your aid as necessary as well, in whatever capacity it is able. The Royal Navy is not as incredibly large or widespread as your Republican Navy, but is capable of coastal defense duties and operations in our Mediterranean pond, just not significant operations outside of it."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

I would also hope that in return, the Royal Army would assist us in land based conflict should we come under threat? I find that to be a reasonable counter to our weakness, in exchange for the Republican Navy helping to secure your coastline. Naturally any assurances of stability are in the interest of Carthage as stability is good for business, but I would like confirmations on how far this mutual defense goes.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"A reasonable accommodation that I see no issue with, and an effective manner of working to each of our strengths for the benefit of both our nations. Stability and security are the goals."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

Well, Minister Nicolescu. At the risk of sounding cliche, where do I sign?
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

With a smile, the Minister offers up a document handed to him by an aid, the King's signature already scribbled at the bottom of it. "I had edits made as we discussed. Sign next to the King and wee shall call it agreed and official."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

The Councilor signs the document quickly and with enthusiasm. He smiles and shakes the hand of the minister.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

He returns the handshake after handing the signed document off to an aid. "It has been a pleasure hosting you Councilor, and I look forward to seeing Carthaginian warships in these bases soon."
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:36 pm by Alanston