The Tale of the Ancients

The final resting place for old RPs.
Grand Serene Republic

The Tale of the Ancients

Post by Grand Serene Republic »

Roman Embassy,Guangzhou, China
3 of August 1978

The Roman ambassador was smoking, enjoying the view of sun setting on Guangzhou. Marcus Licinius Fabius had quite a cushy, prestigious and comfortable job. The relations with the venerable Qi Empire were important. But the two nations were far away enough that they didn't have too much interaction aside from normal cordiality. That is until her recieved an important massage from the Urbe.

His Augustus Majesty, the King of the Romans, Aurelian XI had put him in charge of leading a negotiation to reach a closer relationship with China.

That already was an interesting development, something in the politics of Rome was moving but he couldn't put a finger on it.
Regardless he had a job to do.

Ambassador Marcus Licinius Fabius sends a message to the Qi government requesting a meeting to discuss diplomatic co-operation.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin
Factbook: viewtopic.php?p=2729#p2729

Re: The Tale of the Ancients

Post by Alanston »

Ambassador Fabius would receive a response fairly quickly, inviting him to Nanjing to meet with the Imperial Secretariat, Xu Zhenya.
Grand Serene Republic

The Ambassador boards a flight towards Nanjing
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

Upon arrival in Nanjing, Fabius would be greeted with enthusiasm, solely because he is Roman, and met by several Qi Clerks. They would pick him up and bring him to the Forbidden City, where he would be brought to the Shangshu Sheng building, where the Imperial Secretariat would be waiting for him.

"Welcome to Nanjing, ambassador Fabius! Please, follow me." Imperial Secretariat Xu states, first bowing, and then shaking Fabius' hand, before leading him to a patio overlooking one portion of the palace. The patio would consist of several cushions, a Chinese style tent above them, as well as some fresh green tea. Xu would serve two cups, offering Fabius one, before settling down in one of the cushions and facing Fabius. "Tell me, Fabius, what brings you to request a meeting with us?" Xu asks, practicing his Latin.
Grand Serene Republic

"Imperial Secretariat, it is a honour for me to meet you. Regarding your question, my King, His Augustus Majesty Aurelian has charged me to tighten our relations. He thinks that given our status as the two longest standing nations it is only natural for us to cooperate in a world that is increasingly becoming more connected on a geopolitical scale.

I think that trade would be a good place where to start"
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"I agree, trade would indeed be a wonderful place to start. Would you be interested in the loosening of trading restrictions, and possibly even a free trade agreement?"
Grand Serene Republic

"Oh that would be marvelous, Roma is more then favourable to loosening trading restrictions and work toward a free trade agreement. If I am not too ambitious I think that we could also work on a student of exchange program, to foster a deeper understanding of our respective culture, especially given the fundamental roles they played in the West and East respectively"
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"I think a student exchange program would be most beneficial for both nations. This would not only foster a deeper understanding of our respective cultures, but would also go a long way towards the sharing of ideas and talents. Building off that, perhaps we could loosen visa restrictions for tourists and businesses? Perhaps 30 days visa free for tourists? If I may, I would also be interested in signing a non-aggression pact with Rome, in order to reflect our hope for mutual positive relations."
Grand Serene Republic

"I agree with you and as such, we accept your proposals, I am sure that this will help pave the way to establish a long-lasting friendship between our two nations"
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"Excellent! Was there anything further, or shall we draw up a treaty based upon today's discussion?"
Grand Serene Republic

"No I don't think there is anything else, I think we can draw up the treaty"
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"Very well, I will have a clerk do that for us." Imperial Secretariat Xu would wave at a clerk who is standing around, who would then run off and draw up the papers. A short while later he would return with two copies, handing them to Xu. Xu would then hand them to Fabius. "Have a look at these, and if everything is in order, then we can sign them and cement these agreements into law."
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:36 pm by Alanston