The Dragon of the East

The final resting place for old RPs.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

The Dragon of the East

Post by Kingdom of Burgundy »

An armored convoy of several Transylvanian TAB-77 APCs approaches a border crossing with the Kievan Rus near Odessa, they stop at a respectful distance so as to not seem like they are approaching the border with aggressive intentions. Two dozen standard Tranyslvanian Royal Army soldiers disembark and take a casual perimeter around the vehicles. After this, another dozen royal guards of the Order of the Dragon disembark in their traditional armor, followed by a fully plate armored Transylvanian knight with a greatsword resting on his shoulder. The knight and royal guards approach the Kievan Rus border outpost, the soldiers and armored vehicles remain a distance away.

The knight and royal guards
► Show Spoiler
Tokugawa Empire
Centurion
Centurion

Re: The Dragon of the East

Post by Tokugawa Empire »

Upon seeing the Transylvanian APCs approach the checkpoint the rest of the guards raise their weapons to a low ready while the most decorated of the group, an officer approaches.

He speaks with a rugged, stern tone to the knight and Royal Guards.
"You come dressed in full regalia,
how appropriate. What is it you seek?"

The words are more of a growl by the time he is done.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"In this way, I honor your customs. I am Vlad Dracula of the House Drăculești. King of Transylvania, Bohemia, Romania, Greece, and the Dragon of the East. I come to claim the Kievan Rus as my own. As I am to understand your customs, that is accomplished in trial by combat, and I will have to earn my way to your leader. I presume that process begins with you."
Tokugawa Empire
Centurion
Centurion

He and the other guards laugh at your statement.
"To claim our land as your own! Ha! You are a fool, but a fool with honor! I am Velisky Novy, and I will take your offer of a duel."
He says putting his arm out for a shake.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

The king steps forward to grasp and shake the officer's arm. "I imagine this will end in less bloodshed than other options available to me, one way or another."
Tokugawa Empire
Centurion
Centurion

Velisky shakes Vlad's arm at the elbow.
"Good, its better that way. The rules of this duel is no ranged weapons. Swords, Knives, axes, and shields only."
He says letting go of your arm and handing his weapon over to another guard. Mounted on the front of a UAZ parked near the checkpoint is a round shield and battle axe.
He takes both and twirls the axe in his right hand. Turning to Vlad as the rest of the guards make a wide circle around the two.
"You ready for your armor to join my collection?" He growls as he takes a battle ready stance.
Moved from International Incidents to RP Archive on Wed Jan 17, 2024 7:13 pm by Alanston