The Black Gold Partnership

The final resting place for old RPs.
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

The Black Gold Partnership

Post by Kingdom of Ireland »

The Foreign Ministry of the Sultanate of Oman sends a formal request for a meeting with President Abdul Latif Rashid of the @Sabmadi Federation. The city of Doha is offered as a meeting point between the President and Grand Imam Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan. The suggested topics of discussion are oil production, defense, and the future of the Arabian Peninsula. Of course, should President Rashid have any other items to add to the itinerary he is welcome to do so.
The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth
Settler
Settler

Re: The Black Gold Partnership

Post by The Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth »

President Latif Rashid makes the short trip to Doha, arriving at the meeting with the Grand Imam. "As-salamu alaykum, Grand Imam. As always, it's a pleasure."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"Likewise, Mr. President. I trust you received my topics I wished to discuss?"
The Grand Imam pauses a moment, then continues without waiting for a response.
"The biggest concern today I believe is the coordination of our oil production. There are many nations in this world which depend heavily on our oil. I would like to avoid a price war between our two nations, and I believe the best way for us to prevent such an outcome is to create some form of cartel."
Settler
Settler

"A good idea. We've already had European and Asian nations practically knocking down our doors for oil exports. Cooperation between the oil exporting nations of our region would be an economic boon to our nations. Of course, this could also serve to unintentionally paint a target on our backs, so perhaps joint defense would be a beneficial addition to these discussions?"
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"Absolutely. Despite our differences, us Arab brothers must work together. It would be a trajedy for our goals to fall apart due to foreign influence or subversion. I will inform our foreign ministry to draw up both a defense agreement and an organization to manage our oil production. I have no doubt this will benefit both of our peoples greatly"
Al Nahyan takes a moment to review his list of topics, before returning to the conversation.
"Now, perhaps we should discuss a rather large issue to both of our moderate states. The radicals which separate our borders..."
Settler
Settler

"I couldn't agree more... those Salafist imbeciles have been consistently responsible for the spreading of radicalization throughout the Arab world, and they have the audacity to draw their legitimacy from their possession of the Holy City. Perhaps a... joint mandate to bring stability?"
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"I concur. For the betterment of the Arab world, such radicalism must be purged from the Peninsula. Our Defense Ministry is attempting to begin a modernization of our armed forces, but a joint effort would be considerably less hard on our resources. Now, is there anything you wished to bring up?"
Settler
Settler

"I have nothing to add that's not been covered, but I can offer the assistance of domestic weapons manufacturers to help with your military's modernization."
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:24 am by Alanston