FAAF Seeks Cooperation with Japanese Industry

The final resting place for old RPs.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

FAAF Seeks Cooperation with Japanese Industry

Post by Kingdom of Burgundy »

The FAAF and Dassault Aviation wish to propose a cooperative program with the Japanese technology industry to supply electronics system for the Francophone Alliance Air Force's New Generation Fighter as part of its Future Combat Air System program. The program already has a rough airframe designed and is searching for partners to assist in the designing of the avionics, radar, and other electronics systems on the aircraft to provide a suitable upgrade over the current models of Rafale in service.

@Japanese State
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Re: FAAF Seeks Cooperation with Japanese Industry

Post by California Republic »

The Japanese government is receptive to the idea, and formally invites the Francophone Alliance to the international fighter competition, the Dassault aircraft will be allowed to send plans and models of an airframe design for consideration and hold an equal vote to existing members of the program to devolpe the next generation fighter for joint use.
The Emperor of Japan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by The Emperor of Japan »

@Japanese State

The Emperor requests the prescense of the government to deliberate on the presented matter.
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

The prime minister of Japan responds to the request by inviting Emperor Naruhito to a tea ceremony in Kyoto.
The Emperor of Japan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Japanese State wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:50 am The prime minister of Japan responds to the request by inviting Emperor Naruhito to a tea ceremony in Kyoto.
The Emperor acknowledges the invitation and transits to Kyoto

California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Prime minister Fumio Kishida Welcomes his Imperial Majesty to the tea house in the Kyoto Palace, after a breif formal bow and greeting minister Kishida sits on the ground and prepares tea for both at the table, saying no word as he pours the boiling water over the freshly ground leafs and pours a cup for each person in the room, only after the Emperor has had his first sip does he speak. "Heavinly Soverign, what leads you to to desire to bestow upon Japan your council?"
The Emperor of Japan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Japanese State wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 4:09 am Prime minister Fumio Kishida Welcomes his Imperial Majesty to the tea house in the Kyoto Palace, after a breif formal bow and greeting minister Kishida sits on the ground and prepares tea for both at the table, saying no word as he pours the boiling water over the freshly ground leafs and pours a cup for each person in the room, only after the Emperor has had his first sip does he speak. "Heavinly Soverign, what leads you to to desire to bestow upon Japan your council?"
"I have....qualms with sharing Japaenese military technology with so many nations. Especially without established security and cooperation agreements. I fear your government might be too eager to allow the world to access our technology. We must not forget our primary duty to provide for our people, something you have done effectively in many domestic matters."
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Kishida is silent for some time as he considers the words of of Naruhito. He responds very carefully "The transfer of technology to other nations in the joint development program is designed to confer a larger strategic advantage upon Japan than Japan exports to the global stage, Japan will gain access to many technologies of the Francophone Alliance in exchange for access to a share of our own secrets. He pauses to take a small drink of tea and then again continues. "If we are to continue to maintain our global position we must do more to invest in our own growth, this program will kickstart a large amount of production in Japanese aerospace, and it is my administrations belief that Japans future lies in retaining a strategic technological advantage, I intend to use this program to kickstart future Japanese competition in numerous emerging markets."

Kishida pauses for some times, and then asks a simple question.
"Do you see wisdom in my direction?"
The Emperor of Japan
Newcomer
Newcomer

Japanese State wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 5:31 am Kishida is silent for some time as he considers the words of of Naruhito. He responds very carefully "The transfer of technology to other nations in the joint development program is designed to confer a larger strategic advantage upon Japan than Japan exports to the global stage, Japan will gain access to many technologies of the Francophone Alliance in exchange for access to a share of our own secrets. He pauses to take a small drink of tea and then again continues. "If we are to continue to maintain our global position we must do more to invest in our own growth, this program will kickstart a large amount of production in Japanese aerospace, and it is my administrations belief that Japans future lies in retaining a strategic technological advantage, I intend to use this program to kickstart future Japanese competition in numerous emerging markets."

Kishida pauses for some times, and then asks a simple question.
"Do you see wisdom in my direction?"
The emperor ponders Kishida's response. He takes a moment to drink his tea.

"The peaceful serenity of these Imperial grounds we are on were only attained through a careful understanding of the ecosystem. Introduce the wrong type of trees, flowers, or animals and the natural symbyosis disappears. Successful cooperation in nature is not something that can be forced. The introduction of certain species into an enviornment can be intrusive to the natural balance.

The same can be said for interacting with other nations. Our primary duty is to defend the Japanese ecosystem and making sure it is formidable against all potential threats. I question the value of the gaining foreign strategic advantage by giving up our own strategic advantage in exchange. We need to ensure only “like-minded nations” gain access to Japanese weapons. Nations that we can cooperate with to advance the Japanese ecosytem. Careful considersations need to be made before working to lower production costs for Japanese aerospace manufacturing and kickstarting future Japanese competition in numerous emerging markets."

California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

"I see great wisdom in your words... but, at the same time, I do also see great wisdom in the course that we have set upon, Japan needs to end the stagnation, and we must retain our technological lead, its what drives the Japanese economy. The nations which we are engaging in sharing of technology are also nations which we will require enhanced long term trade relations with for our own stability, to mutually benifit each other while still retaining our most cutting edge advantages, we greatly enhance the prosperity of Japan, secure a more stable future for our state, and ensure continued prosperity, these nations also share strong interests in mainting the global order that ensures Japans current status with Japans own interest in mainting such a Global Order."
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:24 am by Alanston