Meeting with the Japanese

The final resting place for old RPs.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin
Factbook: viewtopic.php?p=2729#p2729

Meeting with the Japanese

Post by Alanston »

Eager to improve relations with one of, if not the, most successful Asian country, Prime Minister Raharjo reaches out to the @Japanese State, inviting the Japanese Prime Minister to a meeting in a location of his choosing, with Surabaya or Singapore being suggested as viable meeting locations.
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Meeting with the Japanese

Post by California Republic »

Japan is glad to host a meeting in Tokyo at the soonest time of convenience.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

Prime Minister Raharjo would agree to meeting in Tokyo, and depart for the city with two aides, eager to visit the largest city in Asia (and the world).

[Feel free to skip to meeting]
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Minister Kishida greets Minister Raharjo and welcomes him into Shushō Kantei, where the functions, office, and residence of the Prime Minister of Japan are located.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

Following Minister Kishida's greeting, Raharjo would bow respectfully, before taking a seat. "Thank you for the warm welcome my friend, it is nice to be in Tokyo, you have a lovely city. I was hoping that we could discuss relations between our nations, including a possible trade arrangement, removal of visa requirements for travel, and either a non-aggression pact or a defensive pact. As well as anything that you wish to discuss, of course."
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

"I am always open to discussed further economic integration with fellow Pacific partners, what trade situation or existing trade barriers would you like to see amended?"
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"As you know, our nations have benefited from trade in the region in the past, which is why I would like to propose a free trade arrangement between our nations. Failing that, I would like to remove tariffs on key items of trade produced by each of our nations, in order to benefit the flow of trade. For you this would likely mean your high-tech industry, and for us it would mean our manufactured goods and agricultural products. What are your thoughts on this matter?"
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Kishida leans back in his chair and take a large drink from his glass of Matcha. After a brief pause to enjoy his drink, and perhaps to think, he once again speaks. "Japan is hosting a high level economic forum for greater global interconnectivity in the terms of trade, perhaps instead of having this discussion here, it would be more appropriate if I where to contact my government and indicate to them your nations desire to be included in the coming talks? They are to be held in Kyoto."
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

Raharjo thinks about it for a moment, before replying. "I think attending these talks would be very beneficial to Majapahit, yes, I would like to attend. As for the other items I wished to discuss, a non-aggression or defensive pact and removing visa requirements for travel, did you wish to discuss those items here, at the Kyoto Convention, or at a later time?"
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Kishida seems confused at this statement. "A non-aggression pact? what use would this be from Japan? My nation has renounced the sovereign right to wage war unless in the defense of our home. As for Visa restrictions, as a Liberal I would love to extend that offer to our peoples, but as the Prime Minister of Japan, I regret to inform you that such a policy would be a uphill battle in the National Diet with no guarantee of passing. You must understand that we are the people who have experienced the longest period of solitude over any other, Japanese culture is very conservative in regards to immigration, as we have been for 2,500 years."
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"My apologies, I did not mean to confuse you. I suggested the non-aggression pact as a sign of good faith and trust between our nations. If you would prefer, we can sign a general pact of solidarity, where Majapahit agrees to support the independence of Japan in the event your homeland is ever threatened? In exchange Japan would agree to impose economic sanctions on those who would go to war with Majapahit. With regards to the visas, would we be able to come to an arrangement with regards to tourism only, while leaving all other aspects of the visas as they currently are? Perhaps this might ease some concerns in your National Diet?"
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

"A situation which allows for free travel between our nations in terms of work or tourism will be both beneficial to both parties and in the interests of the Japanese people."
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"That would be acceptable for us as well. Shall we sign off on making this happen?"
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

"If all parties are in agreement, then I have the authority from my government to make formal commitments in these areas".
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

"Wonderful, shall we sign our agreement to these terms?"
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:21 am by Alanston