World Cup 01 Sign-up Thread [CLOSED]

Republic of Siam
Settler
Settler

World Cup 01 Sign-up Thread [CLOSED]

Post by Republic of Siam »

Countries of Infinitos Mundos! It is my pleasure to introduce to you the first ever Infinitos Mundos World Cup!

How to Sign Up

To sign up, simply reply with "Sign me up!" Or something along those lines. You are of course free to roleplay your sign-up, it's completely up to you. Rosters and all that will come later, right now I just need an idea of numbers. You can withdraw before sign ups end, after that you will be locked in and obliged to participate.

Introducing the World Cup

The World Cup is the biggest football tournament in the world. Winning it is difficult, and now your nations will have the chance to fight it out on that pitch for the coveted honour of lifting the precious trophy.

Scores are generated using a "scorinator", either a Java program or a spreadsheet (as I am doing here) to generate the scored based on RP bonus and pre-existing rankings, more on those later.

RP bonus, or roleplay bonus, is a good way for two equally ranked nations to get one over on each other. Please note, A lot of RP doesn't guarantee goals or wins, but it does influence it. Basically, if two equally ranked teams play each other, the one who has roleplayed a bit will have a better chance of winning than the one who hasn't. And it's more fun for all of us if you roleplay. It can take the form of anything, newspaper reports on the game, interviews or press conferences, the list goes on. It can even be unrelated to the entire World Cup if you wish, for example I saw one the other day on a political conference which had absolutely no bearing on the World Cup. The only regulation is to stick to the score generated for you and the RP Permissions laid out in your opponent's roster.

Rankings are determined on where you finish in the World Cup. Since this is our first one, for the first few rounds rankings will be fairly obsolete and scores will rely a lot more on RP bonus. At the end of each round you will receive your ranking and that will in turn impact your performance in the rest of the tournament and future World Cups. More on the system I am using here if you look at the "coefficients" section.

Please ask any questions you may have in the World Cup Discussion Thread and I will do the best I can to answer them.

And with that I wish you a happy World Cup season, and good luck.

Sign-ups will close Friday 17th of March at 23:59 UTC. Roster thread is up, and tournament starts on Friday 24th of March 2023.

Entrants to the 1st World Cup

1. Siam
2. PLC
3. Majapahit
4. England
5. Scotland
6. Hanseatic League
7. Denmark
8. Czechoslovakia
9. Pontus
10. Romania
11. Russia
12. Tamil Trifecta
13. Nahuatl Empire
14. Bantu East
15. Bantu West
16. Songhai
17. Feng Empire
18. Mongolia
19. The Blue Dragon Republic
20. San Romolo
21. South Africa
22. Australia
Last edited by Republic of Siam on Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:13 am, edited 8 times in total.
IC Year - 2020
Prime Minister - Kamon Wattana
Location - Modern Day Thailand, parts of Laos and Cambodia

OOC Stuff:
Pronouns
PLC
Settler
Settler

Re: World Cup 01 Sign-up Thread [CLOSED]

Post by PLC »

*PLC registers for the Worldcup in Siam with great pleasure, this big tournament will of course not be ignored and the national team of PLC is ready to face the challenge, a grandiose tournament is expected where PLC is also ready with the financing to help*
Polish Lithuanian Commonwealth
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin
Factbook: viewtopic.php?p=2729#p2729

Post by Alanston »

Noting that participation in a World Cup would be a great way to further the interest and spread of Nusantaran culture abroad, as per one of the goals of the Nusantaran Development Project, the government has given the go-ahead to officially announce their intentions in participating in the World Cup. Funding has been secured and will be invested in their team, as well as several new state of the art training facilities throughout the nation.

Several other nations also state that they will be joining the World Cup as well, including:

The United Kingdom of Great Britain - both England and Scotland have submitted individual application requests
Hanseatic League
Denmark
Czechoslovakia
Pontus
Romania
Russia
Tamil Trifecta
Nahuatl Empire
Bantu Federation - two application requests are submitted from the Bantu Federation as well, being Bantu East and Bantu West
Songhai
Feng Empire
Mongolia

Though several complaints have been lodged against the Tamil Trifecta, due to their unstable politics and habit of launching missiles into the Indian Ocean for 'testing purposes'.
Tokugawa Empire
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Tokugawa Empire »

The Blue Dragon Republic is ready to show its steel on the field.
Grand Serene Republic

Post by Grand Serene Republic »

The Enlightened Republic of San Romolo has decided to partake in the tournament, not only to show it's sportsmanship but to catch the eyes of the world on such a prestigious international stage
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

Post by Kingdom of Ireland »

The Republic of South Africa happily throws its hat in the ring, eager to show its skill on the pitch.
Holy Roman Empire
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Holy Roman Empire »

The Australian Republic also wishes to submit a team for the World Cup. Whilst soccer is not a particularly popular sport in Australia, it is still a nation of sportspeople.
Republic of Siam
Settler
Settler

Post by Republic of Siam »

Signups are now CLOSED
IC Year - 2020
Prime Minister - Kamon Wattana
Location - Modern Day Thailand, parts of Laos and Cambodia

OOC Stuff:
Pronouns