Absconding with the Prince OOC

For discussion and debate about in-character topics.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin
Factbook: viewtopic.php?p=2729#p2729

Absconding with the Prince OOC

Post by Alanston »

Here are some details for the NPC event:

- The Byzantine Empire is a small city state located on the European part of the Turkish region of Istanbul. They speak Greek, and their people like to make them out to be a great nation still, even though they are really a tiny city state. The main city is Constantinople, with some farm land a bit further inland. Across the strait is the Turkish city of Istanbul, which is made up of the rest of the region of Istanbul, and is part of the Seljuk Sultanate. Constantinople has a population of around 8 million, whilst Istanbul across the strait has a population of 7 million.

- Military action will only come into play here if you want it to, this event can be done solely without any military action.
- You can play either sides. If you wish to attempt to join the side of the kidnappers, that is possible, but they will not be easy to find initially.

Feel free to ask here if you have other questions, or need more information.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Absconding with the Prince OOC

Post by Alanston »

@Danubian Federation Just so you're aware for the future, you aren't allowed to RP as people from other nations, this includes their ambassadors or embassy people, and other players' nations. Further, the abduction doesn't become public knowledge until 10am GMT+3, or 8am GMT+1. I'll allow you to keep the brief actions from the embassy in your post, but going forward you'll have to leave that to the other players whose embassy it is.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. I'll respond to your RP as if you've made the adjustments.
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

Mauritsland wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 6:33 pm @Danubian Federation Just so you're aware for the future, you aren't allowed to RP as people from other nations, this includes their ambassadors or embassy people, and other players' nations. Further, the abduction doesn't become public knowledge until 10am GMT+3, or 8am GMT+1. I'll allow you to keep the brief actions from the embassy in your post, but going forward you'll have to leave that to the other players whose embassy it is.

Let me know if you have any questions about this. I'll respond to your RP as if you've made the adjustments.
@Danubian Federation Just a heads up that I've been reminded that it is the presumption that all nations have embassy's with other nations, unless explicitly stated otherwise (recent coups, pariah states, etc). Sorry about the confusion.
Danubian Federation
Newcomer
Newcomer
Factbook: viewtopic.php?t=82

Post by Danubian Federation »

Mauritsland wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:23 pm @Danubian Federation Just a heads up that I've been reminded that it is the presumption that all nations have embassy's with other nations, unless explicitly stated otherwise (recent coups, pariah states, etc). Sorry about the confusion.
No worries! Good to know.
Office of the Donaukanzler
Hofburg Palace, Vienna, Vienna Capital Region
Federation of Danubian Federal Republics
Plus Ultra
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

For the purpose of this RP there are the following nations bordering the Black Sea:

- Bulgarian Empire (The rest of Thrace, IRL Bulgaria and Romanian east of the Carpathians)
- Gothia (Moldova, and the Ukrainian oblasts of Odessa, Mykolaiv, and Kherson)
- Crimean Peoples Republic (Crimea; communist)
- Peoples Republic of Rostov (Rostov Oblast, Zaporizhzhia Oblast, Donetsk Oblast, and Luhansk Oblast; communist)
- Circassia (Krasnodar Krai and Republic of Adygea)
- Abkhazia
- Georgia
- Trebizond (blueish)
- Seljuk Sultanate (pinkish)

Rhineland
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Rhineland »

The Byzantines still consider themselves to be the Roman Empire, right?

Edit: More importantly, have the Seljuks historically had conflict with the Byzantines?
Alanston
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Alanston »

Antigonea wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:43 pm The Byzantines still consider themselves to be the Roman Empire, right?

Edit: More importantly, have the Seljuks historically had conflict with the Byzantines?
Yes to both.

The Byzantines still believe that they are a great empire, even though they're a tiny nation. Most people humour them in this. They are still, and are viewed by many, to be the Roman Empire.

The Seljuks have fought many wars over the years with the Byzantines, and desire Constantinople themselves. The land of the Seljuks is majority Turkish, but still has around a 5-10% Greek population. Today the Seljuks have an uneasy truce with the Byzantines, they get along, but not very well.