Japan seeks closer ties with the Salish Confederation

The final resting place for old RPs.
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Japan seeks closer ties with the Salish Confederation

Post by California Republic »

In seeking closer ties with the people of the Salish Confederation Prime Minister Fumio Kishida makes an unplanned phone call with the President of the Salish Confederation.
Mitteleuropa
Newcomer
Newcomer

Re: Japan seeks closer ties with the Salish Confederation

Post by Mitteleuropa »

President J. Christopher Stevens answers the phone, after a brief transfer and hold from reception to his office phone. "Prime Minister, it is a pleasure to speak with our neighbors across the Pacific. Though the call is unscheduled, it is appreciated no less. For what cause might this be?"
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

Minister Kishida is quick to reply. "Good evening, President Stevens, It is my great honor to have your ear. As a representative of my people, and as a Prime Minister of Japan, it is my most brightly expressed desire that this phone call can be the start of a great partnership between the people of Japan and the Salish Confederation. I hope that this can be the start of a strong partnership between our two states towards a the continued maintence of a Global Liberal order, of a free and open Pacific, and of open and free trade between our two states in our shared interest."
Mitteleuropa
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mitteleuropa »

"I'd like to enthusiastically echo similar sentiments among the Salish people. Our societies share many similar values and interests, and we should explore all opportunities of working together to meet our like-minded goals. The morally evil forces of the world are assured to be working together to undermine us, and we should similarly work together to prevent their actions at all costs."
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

"I am glad we can understand each other, Mr. President. With this in mind, I am prepared to offer, and my legislature is prepared to back me in such an offer, to extend free trade relations and military cooperation to your government, if it is so inclined."
Mitteleuropa
Newcomer
Newcomer

Post by Mitteleuropa »

"While I am likely to find a near identical appreciation for the same ideas you have, I will have to propose them to the Salish Legislature. Can you detail the extent of this military cooperation? While I firmly believe the Salish Confederation ought to become more involved on the international stage, more...conservative elements of my nation are reluctant to the idea."
California Republic
Centurion
Centurion

"Japan belives that joint training for further force integration with the Salish Confederation in matters of Joint Security, Japan also desires greater future dialogue and cooperation on the maintence of the current status of the Pacific sphere's security situation."
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:22 am by Alanston