Monarchical Brotherhood

The final resting place for old RPs.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

Monarchical Brotherhood

Post by Kingdom of Burgundy »

The Francophone ambassador to Oman requests a dialogue with the Omani government to convey an offer from the Francophone government.

@Omani Empire
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

Re: Monarchical Brotherhood

Post by Kingdom of Ireland »

The Omani Government would send Deputy Foreign Minister Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani to attend the meeting.
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

The Ambassador to Oman, Marika Reiher, stands from her desk as the Deputy Foreign Minister is led into her office. "Deputy Minister Al Thani, so good to see you, thank you for coming."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"Of course. I am most eager to hear what you have to propose."
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"The Francophone Alliance requires a substantial and continuous supply of petroleum in order to support its extensive industrial sectors, extensive industrial sectors that are not only already extensive but also nearing a major expansion. I believe this represents a large and growing potential market for Oman."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"Indeed it does. However, that is not a deal for Oman to make on its own. The UPPC represents not just Oman's oil production, but the oil production of all our members. If you are interested in a deal to import oil, I can connect you to a representative."
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"Please, that is the purpose of this dialogue Minister." The Ambassador replies with a smile.
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"If that is the case, Ambassador, then perhaps I could set up a meeting between you, me and the Co-Chairman Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan. He is Oman's representative in the UPPC's Board of Directors. Would that be amicable?"
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"That would be ideal, danke."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

---Skip to Meeting---

Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan and Mohammed bin Abdulrahman bin Jassim Al Thani sit together, opposite the Ambassador. Prior to the meeting's beginning they chat in their native Arabic. If anyone around spoke it, they would hear rather uninteresting gossip and hearsay about various members of the Royal Families of Oman. Prospective marriages, secret disagreements, and who is vying against who for certain job openings. Such friendly discussions would be a reminder that in addition to their prestigious careers, they are also members of these families.

As the meeting begins, Al Nahyan speaks first.

"I appreciate you having this meeting, Ambassador. I am to understand the Alliance is interested in acquiring oil imports?"
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"Indeed we are Chairman Al Nahyan. I have been made to understand that means you are the man to talk to."
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"This is absolutely correct" Al Nahyan says with a kind smile. "The Alliance is quite a large country with a sizable population. How much oil can we expect you to require from the UPPC?"
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"The Alliance is seeking 3,600,000 barrels per day, which I presume the UPPC can provide?"
Kingdom of Ireland
Centurion
Centurion

"Absolutely, such an order is well within our means. Currently crude oil prices are at about $84 per barrel. For such an order with an exclusive contract, I can bring that sale price down to about $74.25. Should the Alliance require additional imports, I would hope that you would return to the UPPC to increase the order."
Kingdom of Burgundy
Settler
Settler

"That price sounds perfectly acceptable, and I assure you for your effort that any necessary expansions to our imports will be directed to the UPPC before any other considerations."
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:22 am by Alanston