A rising storm

The final resting place for old RPs.
Deleted User 284

A rising storm

Post by Deleted User 284 »

Extract from the Anvers Free Press
By Clive Comeau

March 24, 20XX

"We hope to be able to establish a relationship that is based mainly on friendship, cordiality, mutual respect, common interests for the prosperity and development of our nations". Empty words for deaf ears, straight from Prime Minister David H. Marasco who seem to be trying to calm as much as possible the increasingly agitated spirits before the imminent meeting with the Atomic Alliance.

Nigel Zong, former Minister of Foreign Affairs, masterfully expresses the feelings of hundreds of compatriots regarding this meeting. "I do not find any political or economic advantage that benefits our nation, (...) I consider, on the contrary, that this visit will negatively affect the national interest, in a deep disappointment at being violated the principles that belong to a traditional foreign policy, where the respectability of the nation is a supreme and indeclinable value, a value that is now imperative to keep immaculate."

And it is that, although it is normal for there to be bilateral meetings between countries and especially after a change of regime, it would not be the first time that another nation sought to attack our sovereignty and independence at the first sign of vulnerability.

The current administration is clearly walking on thin ice with this meeting, especially with the undisclosed intentions of the Atomic Alliance, a nation that has shown less than what we would consider respectable interests towards our land and that has not even taken the formal courtesy of congratulate the newly elected government before starting to make demands on us.

Mr. Prime Minister, in the face of what may be the worst diplomatic mistake of your administration, I really hope that you can come out on top, because even if history ends up vindicating or condemning you, I cannot guarantee that we, your people, will have the patience to wait and see what happens.
Moved from Statescraft to RP Archive on Mon Jul 24, 2023 1:17 am by Alanston